Looking for a great fish taco recipe? Look no further because these fish tacos are delicous, healthy and 21 Day Fix Approved!
1lb tilapia fillets
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4-1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped well (divided use)
2-3 cups shredded cabbage (green or purple)
1/4 cup red onion, diced
8-10 corn tortillas (6 inch)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
Frank’s hot sauce juice of
salt and pepper
Additional toppings (optional): avocado salsa shredded cheese sliced radishes
1. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lime juice to shallow baking dish. Stir in cumin and 2 Tbsp cilantro and add tilapia fillets to dish. Season with salt and pepper and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
2. While fish is marinating, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove fish from baking dish and place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. While fish is baking, mix Greek yogurt with the juice of half a lime, salt, pepper and a few shakes of Frank’s hot sauce. I personally like my sauce with a little kick so I add a lot of hot sauce. Adjust to your personal taste. 5. Shred cabbage, dice the onion.
6. Warm corn tortillas in a skillet until soft and pliable.
7. Top each tortilla with fish, cabbage, cilantro, onion, and a spoonful of cream sauce. Squeeze additional lime juice over each taco for added flavor!
21 Day Fix container equivalents for 1 taco:
1 red (fish + sauce)
1/2 – 1 green (depending on amount of cabbage)
Recipe Notes: I sometimes buy pre-shredded cabbage in the produce section (next to shredded lettuce). Saves prep! I usually buy two limes when I make this because I love having extra to squeeze over my tacos. Sometimes I sprinkle ground chipotle (found on spice aisle of supermarket) over the fish before I bake it. It has some heat so adjust according to your taste!